The design of the EVIDGOM mounting gives the following basic characteristics:
– A very high axial elasticity.
– Very low natural frequency (a few Hertz).
– Progressive buffer against shocks or accidental overload.
– As the load/deflection curve has a point of inflection, a suspension may be designed to have a sub-tangent greater than the static deflection.
– The elastomer used provides intrinsic damping with a corresponding ability to absorb energy which gives appreciable advantages over metallic springs.
– The selection of a low natural frequency (large deflection) must not be allowed to endanger the stability of the suspension (tall equipment).
– In certain cases (use under maximum load) the use of side stops is recommended.