The TETRAFLEX coupling is designed with the following features:
– Binary symmetry which allows considerable conical misalignment to the order of 8°.
– Precompression of the rubber when assembled which limits operation under tension.
The floating star allows:
– Increased torque capacity without reducing the axial flexibility, hence reduced size for a given torque.
– Rotation at higher speeds as the star ensures that the arms are anchored centrifugally.
– The possibility of using a floating shaft (at moderate speed) as the increased radial rigidity provides self-centering for the coupling.